A federal government agency in the financial services sector.
An agency’s security program needed to expand its scope to cover the entire enterprise to improve the effectiveness of the program. They needed a solutions provider to implement standard practices across the various programs and offices located throughout the country.
Zeneth developed the enterprise security operating procedures, migrated the agency from NIST 800-53 Revision 3 to Revision 4, and refined and standardized the control selection process for the agency. Zeneth developed a process to capture key security metrics from across the entire security program to provide management with situational awareness and measure the effectiveness of controls. Zeneth also architected the Security Operations Center (SOC) by deploying and configuring network security devices to include a SIEM tool, and architecting the vulnerability scanning platform to cover the entire enterprise.
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Security Operations & Engineering
- Incident Response
- Managed Security Services
Zeneth improved their security posture by:
- Improving visibility by deploying a combination of open-source and COTS security devices, which allowed our SOC team to detect and respond to threats that were previously undetected.
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to perform vulnerability scans by 95%.
- Helped standardize policies and procedures across the enterprise, reducing the number of (POAMs) older than 18 months by 100%.